This state-of-the-art design allows steelmakers to maximize the heat energy in the furnace. It also is used as a maintenance tool to reduce and even eliminate Lance build-up or skulls as well as reduce build-up in the furance mouth and cone areas. Allows for increased scrap consumption permitting greater flexibility in scrap-to-hot-metal ratios. Faster heat times from the increased heat generation created by “post-combusting” CO to CO2.
- The Double Flow Lance design has two oxygen control systems that permit independent control of the secondary oxygen for the most efficient combustion of CO to CO2.
- The Single Flow Lance design “splits” a percentage of the main oxygen for the post combustion oxygen and can be easily retrofitted into an existing BOF Oxygen Lance.
- Non-bending EverStraight™ Post Combustion Lances are designed with the Berry Metal Distributor Assembly with patent-pending internal reinforcement. The EverStraight™ design helps eliminate bending problems and can be used with Single Flow and Double Flow Lance Designs. East to retrofit any Lance.
Additionally, Berry Metal Company provides:
- Slag Splashing Lances
- Oxy-gas Burner Lances and Lance Tips
- Oxy-oil Burner Lances and Lance Tips
- Auxiliary Lance Tips
- Calorized Lance Tips
- Special Coated Pipe and Lance Tips
- Water Spray Rings
- Oil Seal Rings
- Spare Parts